Become a Cocoa Republic Permaculture Intern!
Are you interested in living on a cocoa estate in the Caribbean while building valuable experience and skills in the permaculture? Check out the perks of Cocoa Republic’s permaculture internship program.
Live, work & play in the Caribbean
Gain hands on experience on an authentic cocoa farm nestled deep in the Caribbean rainforest. Work alongside experienced professionals while experiencing another culture in this unique internship program.
- Stay in a historical restored cocoa drying house surrounded by cool mountain breezes, lush rolling hills, and enchanting ocean views
- Enjoy homemade community meals picked fresh from the garden…and of course chocolate
- Make lifelong friendships with interns from around the world
- Use your weekly stipend to explore the island’s pristine beaches, rich biodiversity, and colourful culture
Learn Organic Permaculture Techniques while Growing Cocoa and Other Organic Food in of the Caribbean
We offer an experiential learning opportunity with some of the best in the field. There is always something to do on the farm, and a variety of tasks to challenge every skill level.
- Learn the essentials of organic farming under the guidance of seasoned farmers and local professionals
- Assist with harvesting, irrigation, pruning trees, reforestation, fermenting cocoa pods, and other special projects
- Gain expert knowledge on sustainable farming practices while working with a variety of crops
- Our aim is to inspire and be inspired. If you have any unique skills you think would help benefit the farm, please let us know!
Weekly Weekend Trips Around the Island
We want all of our interns to discover the unique twin islands of Trinidad & Tobago while they are interning at our estate. We provide a weekly trip to a featured eco-tourist location, including waterfalls, exotic hiking locations, virgin beaches and more. We arrange group transportation and cover all transportation & tour guide expenses for the trip. We’ve listed just a few of the most popular destinations in Trinidad & Tobago, but we have some more surprises planned for your stay in at the estate.
- Expedition & Camping at Paria Bay & Waterfall
- Hiking & swimming through the Guanapo Gorges
- Rapelling down cliffs in Chaguaramas
- Beach trips around Trinidad
- Weekend trip to Tobago at the end of your stay
- Pitch lake visit in Point Fortin
- Monthly trip to the capital city, Port of Spain
Mount Brasso Estate
Our internship program is hosted at the Mount Brasso Estate located in the Brasso Seco Region of Trinidad & Tobago. The island features some of the most biodiversity of flora and fauna per acre of anywhere in the world. The estate has simple, but charming amenities that are sure to make this an experience you will remember for a lifetime. Learn more about the Brasso Seco Estate by clicking below!
What to Expect & How to Apply
- Candidates must commit to 6-10 hours/day, 5 days a week, for a minimum of three months
- Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters with a passion for permaculture. You must be in good physical condition and sign all waivers
- Three community meals will be provided each day using food grown right on the estate. Community housing and other essentials are also provided
- You will receive a weekly stipend of $100 USD (600 TTD)
- For additional information about eco-tourism and Trinidad & Tobago, click here